Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Fantastically Flowerful Post

I think I've been on a flowery kick lately. Sometimes bringing beauty into your life is done by birthing it on canvas and paper. I made these items for some friends who I'm exchanging with. These three above are ATCS, artist Trading Cards, about 2 1/2 x 3 1/2" each.

I've also been experimenting with my drawing skills. I believe the more you do art the better you will get. But I do believe you need to push yourself. I always tell myself I can't draw. But in reality, I'm not the best at pulling from imagination. Drawing something I'm looking at goes much better.

Between these two below, the daisies I looked at pics of daisies, the poppies I tried to draw what I thought they would look like. So we'll call them more inspired than actual.

I also think it is good to know your skills and where you need to improve even if it's only for yourself. On these two pieces, made on watercolor paper about 5 1/2 x 7", I tried to recreate vintage tablecloth flowery patterns. I love vintage tablecloths!


Besides, flowers just make me happy!

No comments: