Thursday, September 18, 2014

'Please Mr. Postman' Painted Envelopes

Do you ever start out to do something quite simple? But then your brain takes off and can't stop until you've made a commitment to something bigger than you had planned? Yeah, that's where I'm at.

I'm swapping items on a Facebook group with others and I thought to myself, "This is an artsy group. I can't just send things in blank envelopes! I'll be thrown out of the group! We're artsy, must art them up!" So I thought, sketch a little, slap on some paint, I mean I had 5 to do at the time so something quick would be good.
Instead, I spent 2 days in my free time painting large paintings on padded envelopes according to the recipients' likes. Yes, I'm obsessive like that.

My hubby asked, "what are these for?" I said "Just to mail things in." "You're spending all that time on something just to mail?!" "I guess I am." And let me tell you, I had fun!!

I also had a few smaller things to mail so I made these little pieces below as well. And guess where all my inspiration came from? Yup, Pinterest. I love Pinterest!

The only problem with painting envelopes is now I've kinda set a precedent, I'll be expected to paint all my envelopes! Oh well, better get busy painting or quit swapping! Ha

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For all the dad who wishes to surprise their kids on Christmas, This your turn to get the perfect gift for them and yourself
Kurt Russel Christmas Chronicles Costume