Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Latest Altered Project

My DH surprised me a month or so ago by asking me to alter something for him that he could take to his office and 'display'. He suggested a phone. He is a 'phone guy'. Manager of a technical department that puts phones in businesses, school systems, etc... So I found a wall phone and altered it. It is still functional for him to use. I had it done within a week or so but it's been sitting here. I can't get it out of my brain that it's not done. But I can't figure out what it is. I think it needs something on the sides. Nothing too 'girly', but something. Like a shimmer. I may try to add that before I send it on to work with him. But I thought it would be fun to share here. Used paints, gesso, buttons, print of vintage photo, colored pencils, ribbon and my favorite Art By Moonlight stamp (bottom left image).

(EDITED: I gilded it with Metallic RubOn cream paint and I love it. It's finished and I'm sending it with him to work tomorrow.)

Other projects I've been working on, an ATC holder using my new Art By Moonlight stampsheet and which will probably end up on Ebay. I didn't photography the inside but each envie inside has a letter of the alphabet either stamped or free handed and there are 2 pull out cards in each envie with a flower stapled to the top for pull out 'ease'. I also have made several cards from scraps (here). Currently I'm working on an adorable project I can share after the 1st (its for a design team. ) It's yummy and I'm having fun with it!!


By the way, didn't Taylor do well this evening on American Idol? Between DH, DD and I we got through with votes for Taylor 103 times. Then 3 of our phones died. Seriously! lol 1 cell and 2 cordless phones died and needed to be recharged. We're die hard fans, can you tell? GOOD LUCK TAYLOR! Hope you win tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Briana said...

Love the phone! Taylor did do great but I was happy to see Chris back performing! Wow, 103 times? Holy cow!

Annette said...

OMG! Altered PHone! How cool is that!

Can't wait to see what's comin' next!

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

Really cool phone!!

r.

Michelle said...

Hi Kris -

These are so cool. Love what you are doing.
Talk soon -

Michelle (in NJ)