Friday, July 20, 2007

Painting Project

You know what they say... when the cat's away, the mice will play.

DH has been at church camp as a counselor all week so we decided to paint the bathroom and decorate. It's been a blank white canvas for about 10 years?



I can't remember how long. We would try to put little things in there, Paris things and DH put in new greenish floor tile 2 years ago but that is as far as we got. For July 4th, when we had company over, DD talked me into new towels and a pretty new shower curtain. That started us wishing for new paint. I was bored by tan or even green. We decided to be brave and go for Cornelian Red! We ended up doing the medicine cabinet, cabinet and ceiling in a tan. I think it all came out nicely.

Only mishap we had was, I had been painting some knobs (which we didn't end up using anyway) and put the lid back on the paint. DD picked it up to go paint the walls and tried to shake it. It came shooting out. Luckily she held on to it and we only lost about 1/4 of the paint in the can. My art room floor suffered a bit but it doesn't look as bad as this picture. lol It's the cleanest spot on any of the floors now!



Now the bathroom is a beautimous red creation. Decorated with all my little Paris stuff. I painted a canvas real quick and we stuck part of my collection of Paris postcards on it. I also framed 3 of the Paris ATCs I have been traded, in old frames. I think the room came out lovely! (Ignore the cabinet, I'm still painting 2 drawer fronts and sticking knobs on them in the morning before DH comes home.)


2 comments:

Crazy Art Girl said...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/inthishouse/ is the link to the In This House group. It should be on the right column of my blog, too.
Belinda

Anonymous said...

wowser...this room is gorgeous and that wall color is so lush and beautiful :o)