Friday, August 31, 2007

All I managed...

This is all I managed to get done today. Shop and make a halloween ATC. Okay, I had the car inspected, bought lightbulbs for the tail lights so it will pass re-inspection tomorrow *sigh*, did a bit of homeschool and I think I ate a meal, maybe 2. That's it.

EDITED: I changed the card to add a web in the corner. So if you already saw the first one, no, you're not going crazy. I just didn't like the blank space...

I swear I bought enough food to feed a small country. We were low on EVERYTHING! (see receipts below) And you can imagine what my grocery list looks like shopping for 2 lo-carbers, 1 vegetarian and a hungry 8 year old!

RESPONSE to comments: Actually we live in the USA. One of these receipts is from Sams Club, a 'buy in bulk' store, so things LOOK more expensive but the packages include double food. And YES, we have too much food in this house. (Kathy, you're welcome to come eat here! ha) I'm hoping this might last almost for a month instead of the usual 2 weeks. In fact I'm planning on it. lol (Note to family: quit snacking on EVERYTHING!) DD decided she is having pizza, waffles and fruit roll ups for breakfast. Yes, its the skinny-little-bottomless-pit-of-an-8 year old. I told her 'carb carb carb!' She said 'I'll throw in some carrots and lettuce.' lol Logic of an 8 year old.

Oh, and mom sent me a pic of them on the porch of their hotel, rocking away, watching the sun set over the beach. Is that torture or what?

What did you get done today?

(I will say, I started my canvas/collage yesterday. So something is right with the world. Pictures of the progress to come...)



(<-----my grocery receipts for today!)

9 comments:

Mandy Chilvers said...

great atc! i love it!

Anonymous said...

OMG what country do you live in? Those grocery prices are outrageous.! Yikes.
Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Well, girlfriend...I can certainly say that your family eats well!! I'm coming to YOUR house to eat!

I LOVE your ATC!!! It's ADORABLE! Who could resist that kitty-cat?? LOVE the button eye!

Anonymous said...

Love the atc. So creative. You must be exhausted from the errands. Know how that feels.

K said...

awesome Halloween art!

Anonymous said...

Me again, I did wonder later if they were bulk quantities at those prices. I hoped so anyway! LOL I wasn't sure what the receipt on the left was, those prices didn't look so frightening! I remember when I went to the USA I was surprised at the grocery prices though, thought they were a little on the high side.

Carolyn F said...

Warehouse stores are great, but definitely a bit of sticker shock!

Anonymous said...

Your atc is adorable and the grocery receipts look all too familiar, lol. I dread seeing the total when I am shopping and then think 'okay, what did i buy cuz i only have a few bags in the cart...how did it cost so much...sheesh,' lol. Hope you have a great week.

Catherine said...

Hope you are doing great. Stop by my blog and drop me a line because you were the winner of the ScrapMuse page. Congrats!