Friday, December 14, 2012

Poppy Paintings


My parents went to France, England, Germany and I think Belgium this past spring. The pictures they took were stunning but the poppy pictures were my favorite. I have a pic my mom took, saved as the background on our desktop. The colors called to me and I had to paint it!


This is a watercolor I worked on from the original picture you see there on the desktop. It's more muted but I liked it. Not real good at the rock underneath...


Then I decided to try an acrylic painting. I picked out the flowers I like the best from the original painting, plus a few shaped ones from the internet. This is the beginning.

 
A bit of background layering on the flowers...


 
Here's a closeup of some of the flowers. I think the orange/red ones are my favs to do.

 
 
The flowers are finished how I like them. I need to add a sentiment to the top somewhere. Leaning towards the verse were it says even the flowers of the field are taken care of by God, I'm paraphrasing but something like that would be good...



No comments: