Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Sad Time...

Ed Sr. 1931 - 2006

A good man died this week. He was my DH's namesake, his father and a hard working man. No matter how his life was led or mistakes he made, he gave me my husband. My husband had a strong example of how a man works hard all his life to provide, and for that I am eternally grateful.

I pray for my family, DH's family as he attends the funeral with them and I pray that my father in law knew God and has gone up to heaven to live in peace. No more to be sick, no more to be sad or troubled by the burdens of this world.

I pray that my DH and DD will enjoy their time with family and maybe re-bond some relationships that had lost their glue. May they come home with a sense of peace about the whole situation.

I thank God for the family he has given me and the protection he provides us. May we live up to our potential and all that he has in store for us.

Ed, we love you. You will be missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris and family, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of a father, father-in-law, and grandfather. This is a difficult time for you and your family and I pray for peace in your hearts, and a safe trip home from NY. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts for days to come.

Lisa said...

Kris I've been thinking about you and your family. I hope DH & DD can enjoy their trip despite the reason for going and that they're home safe with you soon.

turquoise cro said...

Kris! I will be saying prayers for all of you out here in West Virginia where we are having a glorious day! Thinking of You,xo Cinda