Monday, April 09, 2007

Altered Book Club


This weekend I attended my 2nd altered book club meeting and had to bring my own for others to work on. Ran out of time, so I didn't get my own pages done, but the outside is started...

(the lace strip is where they 'sign in' by pinning or clipping something to the lace.)

The book's theme is love.




Yesterday was easter. Beautiful service at our church. One thing that really was wonderful; a lady played the piano during the offering and the easter story played out on the screen on the wall. Jesus' death (she played hymns that talked about that, in a somber tone), Jesus' burial and then him rising again (lively hymns about he is risen.) It was so moving. I loved it. Reminded me why we celebrate.

Hope everyone had a wonderful easter. God bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahab's Wife was good in a creepy kind of way, and Cold Sassy Tree was great, but for the life of me can't remember what it was about now. Getting old has advantages--you can re-read books you liked and still be surprised! I'm going to copy your list and "go" to the library . . .

Anonymous said...

Ummm, sorry, put that book comment in the wrong spot.

Your altered book cover is gorgeous!
And didn't you say it's on a Pride and Prejudice? Love theme on a love story--very nice.

Contessa Kris said...

No, I told you wrong. It's on a Sense & Sensibility book, but you're close! lol