Tuesday, June 26, 2007

EGGS - Wednesday Stamper

This past Wednesday Stamper challenge was 'EGGS'. I immediately thought of my great grandma who just died last week. She loved birds. Love watching and collecting birds. It seems lately all the gifts we gave her had something to do with birds. She had many bird feeders and bird houses in her yard.

I found this image that my friend Michelle included in a ephemera baggie she sent me, of a lady holding baby chicks. It was perfect. But what was MOST perfect was the caption. It said 'and life goes on'. Mom and I commented on the fact that when someone dies, you feel like the whole world should stop, no one should be working or traveling or playing or laughing. They should all be in mourning like you...

I made this piece for my great grandma Leverta (6x6" collage). Because she wouldn't want us to mope about. Life goes on...

(stamps used: Autumn Leaves 'Swirls')

5 comments:

Viola said...

Wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

beautiful collage!

bockel24 said...

Love your piece and your story, Kris!

Ellene McClay said...

this is so beautiful~ Love the understated colors, and the sentiment behind it!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is SO beautiful Kris. When I was gathering stuff to send to you, I was very drawn to this image. I ALMOST didn't send it because it was SO compeling. I'm glad I did. :-) So cool that it became a piece honoring your great-grandmother.

Thinking of you and your family,
Michelle