Sunday, October 07, 2007

Catching Up...

I'm the mother of a teenager. A homeschooled teenager. All I've done the last couple weeks is school her (and my 3rd grader), keep records and the like. I can't imagine being the teacher of a whole high schooled class! Talk about exhausting.

** BLOG WINNER! Thanks for being patient. The winner of the ATC from the previous post is 'WiggyWig'! I'll get an email out to you asap! **

I have managed to sneak in a bit of art. Thought I would share. Worked on halloween ATCs. The ghosts are vellum (with paint on the back), the house is drawn and a friend gave me the vintage image that I used for Frankenstein's bride.



I worked on an altered book (for the club I belong to) that had a theme of Mary Engelbreit. I had fun with bright colors.














With the beautiful weather we've been having, I've picked up on my garage/estate sale shopping (for Ebaying & for me!) I've found some lovely things I thought I might share. I just love the styles of the old melmac/melamine plastic (yellow and 2nd aqua pic) and I discovered a new company I love... Heller (yellow container)! Fabulous. Sometimes I think, what are we missing out, buying all new fangled things that end up breaking half the time? I love the old stuff! What do you look for when garage/estate or thrift store saling?







This week I'll post pics of the altered comp books I did for the pastors at our church. It's pastor appreciation month.

6 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh... I hope your birthday was FANTASTIC also!

Unknown said...

I look for very similar things while I'm thrift shopping. LOVE melmac!

Miss*Laurence said...

Love the pitcher! I keep an open mind when I go thrifting - books, objects, pearls, antiques, "fripes", beads, clothes to wear or to use as fabric... Items to keep, to give, to use as reference, to be inspired by etc... I don't think I've ever bought furniture though.. hmmm to be continued

Julie said...

Hey, I have the same tin on the upper right. It hold trims and bits in my workroom. I "inherited" it from my crafty great-aunt when she passed away at age 94.

Micki said...

Happy belated birthday!
Love the Fiestaware btw

Anonymous said...

LOVE your Halloween ATC's (and I'm not even a big Halloween fan!). The one with your house drawing is my favorite. You need to be drawing more...you are quite talented, my friend!