Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Destiny Assemblage

My mother in law kindly sent us some money for Christmas and we split it between DH and I (the kids rec'd separate money.) I've been hoarding mine. This past weekend I finally spent it. I had fun shopping at Retro Cafe Art. Kristin has the nicest altered art supplies and collage sheets. Hurry over there. She was just getting ready to load the store with German scrap wings! In many colors. I picked up several packs.

My favorite purchase of the weekend is winging its way to my house as we speak. I stopped by Suzan Buckner's blog this weekend because I had seen some of her journal pages in the premier issue of Somerset Art Journal magazine. I visit her site often but just thought to check in on Saturday. It was my lucky day. She had just posted a new doll assemblage. It perfectly matched my living room (browns, aqua and cranberry) so I snapped it up! I can't wait for her to get here. She's named Destiny. (images below totally stolen from Suzan's blog.)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been looking at Suzan Buckner dolls they are so cute. I'll have to check out the Retro Cafe.

trisha too said...

this is NICE--the face is charming.
kind of peaceful, and thoughtful.

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Thank you Kris!! It's ok that you "totally stole" the image..LOL LOL LOL

P.S. you forgot to tell them that I am a slow shipper..LOL