Saturday, July 19, 2008

Beach Postcards

I brought this big bag of art supplies to use while on vacation. Didn't spend much time with them really. I need to remember that every time I go somewhere. As much as I 'want' to use them, I probably won't. I did manage to collage 3 postcards and draw 3 postcards for family. I sent them from St. Pete so hopefully my fam gets them soon.

The collaged cards use scraps, paint, stamps, images from brochures from our trip and ladies from
Altered Pages collage sheets. The sketched cards were fun to do, although drawing isn't my thing. I found images of a boat, beach chair and lighthouse and sketched them. I cut the postcards to shape before I left, glued a Florida map piece on each and rubbed Antique Linen Ink pad all over to age them.

The last day we were there we had a bit of time before we checked out. DD decided to make a note for the maid, to put our tip in. I sat down with her and my supplies and drew the postcards you see below. DD also picked some flowers off a bush to give to the maid. I thought it was a pretty sweet thing.









9 comments:

Angela Harris said...

I beg to differ about drawing not being your thing. you drew me a gorgious eiffel tower! I can't believe you did art on your vacation. Was your family giving you trouble for that? Very neat cards though.

Anonymous said...

Love the postcards. You draw very well. Thanks for sharing your art.

artisticdiva said...

I love these postcards! They are wonderful. I've not done mail art before, so I'm curious what the specifications are for mailing them through the postal system?

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the hand drawn cards especially.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for your tip! Anndd..I can smell those plumeria all the way over here! Delightful!

artbeth67 said...

Great postcards! So happy and cheerful :)

Lindart said...

Love your postcards, and your DD is very sweet!

Alexandra said...

Your beach cards are wonderful!

'fancypicnic' said...

Love the postcards! Am adding you to my bloglist so that I can return for another read. Lovely work!!