Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Friendship Art

Remember when I was talking about my art room organization? I invited friends over two Tuesdays in a row and we attacked my ribbon. My friends worked tirelessly for hours. My dd helped me finish up and label everything another day. Now I can find everything! I'll have to post pics of the ribbon when I get home.

I decided to make something for my friends & dd to thank them for all their help, plus their friendship. I made them these 6x6" plaques. I used paper I no longer liked from my giveaway pile (perfect to paint over) and swiped it with paint. Inspired by Kathy's Flickr (see her Art Journals), I came up with these ideas. I used some vintage trims, ephemera, rubons, buttons, stamps w/ink, pen, string. I stenciled on the letters and numbers and all images are from Altered Pages. I also used my notebook type punch (see the sides?) I bought from my lovely Stampin' Up rep.

I handed the plaques out at our July 4th picnic (thank you for inviting us Trisha!) Everyone seemed to enjoy them. DD hung hers on her door.






We've just finished lunch and now we're off to locate a boogie board, floaty device and possibly some ice cream.

5 comments:

Helena E. said...

These are so pretty! Organizing an art room can be an epic task (I'm always working on mine, but there's never any progress!); anyone who helps definitely deserves something special. These are fantastic "thank yous" (and oh my gosh, ribbon is the worst, so you're quite lucky to have friends like those). :)

Angela Harris said...

LOVE these banners. They are so beautiful and full of detail as usual.

Rhonda Langley said...

Mine is the prettiest because it has the most pink!! Love the spots & punched sides LOL!

trisha too said...

Don't be ridiculous! Anyone can see that mine is the prettiest because it has aqua/turquoise.

And not Tempting Turquoise, either!
;)

trisha too said...

CC! I'm giving away a little something under the entry titled sharing . . .

http://easilyamusedhardtooffend.blogspot.com