Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Invasive Glitter


Glitter has no boundaries. No rules, no limits. It can go where ever it wants, do what it feels, adorn whatever it desires. No compunction to conform to the norm of anything. I believe I have glitter in every orifice that is not covered by clothes and even then I'm not too sure because I've been playing with it all day and you know a girl has to 'go' once in awhile. You just never KNOW is all I'm saying. No boundaries.


But to my delight, I've managed to make and like 3 ornaments. Until I adorn them with 'Merry Christmas' or somethng, they could be ornaments just for hanging in a studio or house. They're not your normal Christmas colors. Think Vintage Glam Ornament style.


Some of them have pearl-ex powders which is so fun to play with! The pieces in the middle are natural felt, sprayed with adhesive and then glittered (idea is similar to something in Pretty Little Felts.) I 'think' they're done but you never know. I might tweak here and there. 2 more are on the art desk being agonized over but for now, here's 3 using Red Lead collage sheet images (sheet 'Ancestors 8'). And yes, since I cut off all their legs, of course I saved them. I have an idea for those!


If you have a moment, say a little prayer for my mother who is having some major surgery today. We're off to see how she is doing at the hospital and we'll probably be spending our days at her house (nights we'll be home) helping to care for her until she is back on her feet. (Packing up a mini art bag to take with me just in case. *wink*)

P.S. For all you glitter fans,
I found today a challenge issued by The Crafty Chica. It involves glitter of course and a prize or two! Go see! Deadline is this week sometime.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What glittery fun you are having.Sweet ornaments...

Mary-Beth said...

Cute ornaments Kris!
My thoughts and prayers for your Mom today. Hope she recovers quickly!

Shelly Hickox said...

These are VERY cool Kris! One thing I've learned - photo stamps and glitter are not friends.

Best wishes for your mom. I'm glad you can be there for her.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ornaments, Kris!

Hope your mom is soon up and about again - hope her surgery went well. You are all in my thoughts today.

Rhonda Langley said...

Sorry to hear about your mom-hope everything goes well.

Glitter is always a good choice! Love the ornaments!

trisha too said...

these are even better bigger and on your blog, rather than smaller and on your facebook . . .