Thursday, July 23, 2009

Contessa Treasure

I visited The Altered Page the other day and was delighted to find he was doing a new Buried Treasure collaboration. I missed all the fun the last time so I was determined to play along today. Visit this post to find your treasure map to a list of participating blogs.

Definition of Buried Treasure: an online, collaborative project that invites art bloggers to go into the depths of their blogs and dig for buried treasure. Each participant is asked to repost one (or more) of their favorite posts from their own blog.

I have the hardest time limiting the posts I like. But I chose posts with my favorite things.
2006
We had the best time this holiday, visiting my parents who lived in Atlanta at the time, meeting new people and introducing those from other countries to our crazy american traditions for July 4th. The post also holds some of my favorite art. Here's one piece, go to the original post for more.


2006 recap would not be complete without a nod to my crazy little one and her witcher picker.

2007
May 28th
One fun part about revisiting old blog posts is the normal family stuff. I get to see what we were doing two years ago, how much my kids have grown in that time. My dd is as funny as always though, so she makes my 2007 picks.

October 9th
Some of my favorite art for 2007 was the altered notebooks I made for the pastors at our church. My lovely mother volunteered for me to make something, and THEN asked me. But she knew I would hem and haw and eventually say yes anyway. ha


2008
February 5th
One of my favorite things was starting a nature inspired journal that I exchanged with friends.


2008 was a good year for art. I had the best time making Valentine
cards, wallhangings and canvases. We also went on a scrumptious beach holiday for our 20th anniversary. Some of the pictures are just gorgeous.

2009
May 9th
Experimenting with painting more freely, I made the Caged Bird canvas. It is still one of my favorite pieces.


July 1st
This year my
teen started painting her bathroom in beautiful bright colors. One of my favorite posts because of all the colors. I really need to be braver in color choices.

Thanks to all those who have visited my blog for the last 4 years. It's been a joy to meet new people I call friends.

Come back tomorrow for a peek at the abstract art I played with last night.

7 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely art work! found you on the BT tour!

Mary S. Hunt said...

great reflective post memories!
she is adorable
:)

the bird was a big focal in a lot of art then
and still is....

you have been blogging a long time!!!
i am rather new yet...

Ginny Gaskill said...

Enjoyed my visit especially the books.

3rdEyeMuse said...

these are such wonderful choices to re-post ... I love the girl in the very first image and especially like the brilliance of the fish in the last, but all of the items are such gems!! thanks for sharing them again.

trisha too said...

i love your blog!

:)

(but you knew that, yes?)

LindaGJ said...

All of your pieces just blow my mind!!! Your work is outstanding!
Love every single one of them so much!!!
Linda :)

Stella Dora von Swineburg said...

Nice blog! Lovely art!