Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My Teen, the Artist

No wonder my life has been drab and lifeless lately, the teen just handed me this! All the pretty colors of MY paint that I didn't really know were missing.

She has completed her project, so I have to brag. Back in February I picked up a diecut set at the store that had this little 2"x2" fish diecut. The teen was intrigued. She sat down and drew the thing on 8"x10" paper. I was floored by her skills because I know 'I' couldn't draw that in the 10 minutes it took her! Then she added color.


By that evening, she'd decided to draw the fish on her bathroom wall. She sketched it out in no time! She grabbed (stole) all my pretty acrylics and fleshed out the tails. Then the painting was put on hold for one reason or another. Last night she resumed and finished the scales and head.


She plans to finish off all the grey and white area around the painting with a coat of black paint. DH has beadboard (wainscoting) all ready to go up on the walls below the fish (which will also be painted black.) I think it's going to be a pretty gorgeous bathroom. Now we'll need to search for the perfect lighting. The 70's light fixture just isn't cutting it.

That's it. Just had to brag on my baby.

8 comments:

Patti Edmon Artist said...

this is AMAZING!! no harm in the bragging, I do it all the time:) I would be singing loud about this one - it's gorgeous!!
I can't get either of my kids interested in working with me, hmmm, maybe that's the problem - ha.
Glad you have your missing paints back, too, and love the way they are in the bin:)

LindaGJ said...

Obviously your teen is a natural! Wow, beautiful work! Must get her talent from you!
Linda:)

Kerry said...

Uh, WOW! That is beautiful! I love that to be in my girls bathroom!

Unknown said...

I think it is awesome that you give her the freedom to do such grand projects. She is every talented.
katie

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Wow, this is AWESOME! I love the colors. She did such a beautiful job:)

Rhonda Langley said...

This is fabulous! Great colors!

snazzykc said...

so amazing...love it!!

Anonymous said...

HOW cool is THAT? How's it all coming together?