Tuesday, September 22, 2009

13 Weeks & 3 Days


You can never start too early! Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat. Okay, he's still growing but you know what I mean. I've been into creating Christmas pieces lately. I don't know why the fall spirit and Halloween ghoulies haven't hit me yet but I'm enjoying the Christmas muse while its here.

A while back, Ms. Fanciful made snowflakes, or paper flowers, whatever you want to call them. I had those in the back of my head when I envisioned this Christmas garland. Let me tell you a little hint about making this. I used vintage sheet music, to really create a special garland. Problem is, the vintage paper starts to fall apart after a bit. To fix this problem, I glued all the snowflakes to clear transparencies (using spray glue) and cut the transparencies into circles (if you look real close I has to 'save' a few that had already started to rip!) I love how this turned out and can't wait to hang it in my living room when I decorate for Christmas. (Collage images and the word stamp on the red squares are all from Red Lead. The velvety ribbon is from Red Lead as well. The punch used for the red paper is from StampIn Up.)


Please excuse the mess in the back of the pics. It is that time again, cleaning time.

Time in my art room has been few and far between. However, I'm trying to finish up an altered journal that I'm passing around among friends on the Altered Gypsy boards. Hopefully I'll get that finished up this week and I'll share soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Christmas reminder, I gotta get hammering out some gifts for my boys this year...delightful ornaments!

Shelly Hickox said...

These are adorable Kris! Very unique idea.

Patti Edmon Artist said...

LOVE your new pieces - how cool/adorable/creative....

but did you have to put a time on it - 13 weeks really? yikes! :)

Flowers said...

You are organizing for christmas party in a wonderful way. Keep it up the good work. Your preparation is awesome.

Rhonda Langley said...

I love garlands! Love your snowflakes!