Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ornamental Love & Food!


Yes, the Christmas muse is still visiting. But she is getting tired of the same hot chocolate and homemade ginger snaps I'm serving everyday so she is eager to move on to someone else's studio. Anyone willing to invite her over for a visit? She's hogging all the ginger snaps anyway. I'm partial to my dd's homemade ginger snaps (see recipe below.) *smile*



Red Lead has the most adorable Christmas collage sheets (just search by Christmas Collage.) Especially the vintage photos of children with Santa! I'm enthralled! And this trim they carry (blue trim above) is just like that sparkly icicle stuff you throw on the branches of your tree. I've been having fun playing with it!

New Christmas Ornaments for my tree. Is it too early to put it up, at least in the studio (if I ever get it cleaned?!!!)


The Little One's Ginger Snaps

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup cooking oil or shortening
1/4 cup molasses
1/4-1/2 cup sugar (according to your sweet tooth's preference)
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
+ 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling)

Instructions:
Throw it all in a bowl together (except the last 1/4 cup sugar) and mix with an electric mixer. Shape into balls. Roll in the remaining sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven (ours cooks it to perfection in 8 mins.) Cool cookies on wire rack. Arm yourself with a spatula to fend off cookie hogs, and enjoy! Makes 30-50 cookies.

Let me know if you try them, I wanna tell the little one. She loves to bake and always ruins my low carb eating when she makes these. We can't resist them!

3 comments:

trisha too said...

the one with the tinsel is my favorite, but they're all WONDERFUL!!

ginger snaps are so yummy.

She should share with me.

(but i know she'd just give me that look, and ask me if i was leaving yet . . .)

Rhonda Langley said...

Tinsel is always nice! Love the ornaments!

Gerushia's New World said...

I came across your blog via Vanessa Valencia(AFancifulTwist). But...I do believe maybe I've been here before. I recognize your Etsy shop. Mostly, I remember that you homeschool. I am/was a home learning mom as well. And, I'm a collage/watercolorist.

Kim
Gerushia's New World
(Formerly Garden Painter Art)