Friday, September 04, 2009

Thankful Christmas

Do you ever find that a certain piece of music or a CD can really inspire you to create? I usually listen to french music (Edith Piaf, etc...) or classical. Can't have the lyrics rolling around in my head when I'm trying to create. But last night I listened to Norah Jones' Come Away With Me CD. Something about the vibe of it really helped my jumbled brain flow.

I worked on more Christmas ornaments. This time using Altered Pages collage sheets. They're made using playing cards, about the size of Artist Trading Cards. You can't really see it but they have twisted wire as the hangers on top. Thinking of all the things I'm thankful for, I made Thankful Christmas ornaments depicting things in my life I thank God for providing... Family, Home, Friends, Jesus and Love.


Have another set in the works right now. Kids are sick today so I guess I get a 'sick day' too. Art time for me while they rest! Looking forward to our weekend. No big plans. Just family time, a little bit of fall cleaning ; clearing out neglected parts of the house and hopefully some art time for me.

7 comments:

trisha too said...

these are SO cute. very nice!

:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Cool ornaments, Kris! Jackie is going to downright love these. You're so inventive and wonderfully creative.

Crayonmonster said...

Beautiful! I love your work, glad I found your blog!!

Art By Wanda said...

Love these!!!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Oh these are just so wonderful!!! Love the images you chose

R.P. said...

Love your texture on all of these!

Shari Nelson said...

These creations are really great! I might check back again!