Monday, December 07, 2009

7th Day of Christmas - Altered Pages Winter Blues ATCs

I get all excited around Christmas time. I don't usually have trouble with the winter blues although I know people who do. I tend to hunker down and create. I do know I don't like to get out much. More comfortable at home but that probably has to do with the below freezing temps out here in the midwest...

Being able to just bundle up in my warm house or semi-warm studio and make things makes me happy. I also like to spend time creating with friends more during the winter months as well.

I tend to cook and bake more during the winter as well. (have you been over to my recipe blog? I randomly post things that I'm trying to make.) Soups, breads, anything that can be crock potted is subject to my experimenting with it.

I love these images from Altered Pages. Most of them make me wonder what it was like to live a long time ago as a woman. We have so many freedoms and opportunities now that they didn't have.

Can you imagine having to wear a bustle? And think about all the layering they had to do. Undergarments, pantaloons, slips, hoops sometimes, hose of some sort, corsets, layers of dress and shawls. Ugh. I can't stand to have too many layers on. I would not be able to stand it. I'd be one of those 'inappropriate women' labeled for their inability or unwillingness to conform. Yep, that'd be me. The non-conformist.

I wonder how many women were able to pursue their love of the arts and not have it thought of as their hobby or little dalliance and not an important thing. That would drive me crazy too.

I haven't made ATCs in a long time. Don't know why. I sort of cycle through interests. I'm sure many artists do the same thing. While I go back to things like ATCs and cards, so far I've not returned to my obsession of scrapbooking. Not sure why.

Wow, I've rambled my way through many topics in this post! Just one of those days... I'm wondering, is anyone interested in a one-for-one trade of ATCs? I'm willing to part with a few of these. Tell me your favorite and I'll contact you for address and to trade. Anyone game?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris - blissful blueness! :) I'd love to trade for "I wonder if he'll ask me to the winter dance..." :)

Chriss Rollins said...

Hey why not join in our A WINTER DAT ATC swap for December pop over here and see what it's about...you will need 5 winter atc's keeping 1 for your own collection and swapping the other 4 from our ATC club.
chriss-rollins@blogspot.com

chriss x

Chriss Rollins said...

should read A WINTERS DAY even lol

janet said...

I love these too! So inspiring and soothing with the blue hues.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Rhonda Langley said...

I like the new look! Love the ATC's!