Monday, February 22, 2010

She Still Sings Canvas


Birds seem to be still on my mind as I create pieces of art this year. The last 2 canvases have them. Maybe I'm ready for spring. No wait, I KNOW I'm ready for spring!

You can find the following two items listed in my Etsy store


This 8X8" 'Nature' canvas was started in February of last year. Don't know why it sat around so long. I guess I couldn't make up my mind as to what it represented or what should be written on it. After painting 'Nature' across the front, it felt complete. It's my first time painting eucalyptus. I like how it came out.

 

This 9X11" piece, entitled She Still Sings, is similar in design to the Caged Bird Sings piece I created last spring. I did experiment on it with textured paste (the bars of the cage can be felt) as well as melted beeswax, my new favorite medium! Beads were nailed into the bottom edge of the canvas.


Back with more to share tomorrow! What are you making for spring?

2 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

Theses are wonderful Kris!! Absolutely love Nature as I'm in that phase too, just don't know where to go or what to do!!! LOL

Rhonda Langley said...

Boy have you been busy! Love the birdcage & nest. Come on spring!!!!