Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Magic Altered Book


Just a quick post to share the spreads I did in a 'Magic' altered book. I belong to a group of ladies over on the Altered Gypsy forums who have been passing around books to create in. Remember my Spicy Women book (why does that 'Nasty' song by Janet Jackson come to mind when I type this?  Now I'm going to be singing that for awhile.) It's almost on its way home to me! Can't wait to see everything that has been added to it!

 

Layering of acrylic paints and stamped images. I picked up these adorable fairy images while out of town on a romantic getaway with my guy. He was so gracious and let me hit every art store/antique mall I could find. (He's a keeper.) I also used my new Caran d'Ache metallic crayons for the word 'Magic'. Love them!



I wanted to make a spread that had to do with a magic act. DD suggested a top hat and even sketched it out for me. I put a bouquet of flowers in the hat as well as a scrap of a 60's chiffon dress to represent that stream of handkerchiefs the magician will pull out of his sleeve (note the boy has some coming out of his sleeve as well.) I love my little rabbit; its a playing piece from a memory game.

2 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

very fun! and i LOVE the dress piece sticking out of the hat. :-)

Rhonda Langley said...

Love it! Love the top hat and of course the bunny.