Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Creativelessness, Free ATCs & Trading

(All images are by Alteredpages.com)

Last night after working on the altered book pages I attempted some ATCs for one of the challenges. I haven't made ATCs in forever. I suck. Apparently. I can't make anything I like. I should have just gone to bed and watched
TMZ. lol

I tried to make a triptych for Think Monday Think ATC challenge (also for Tuesday ArtyGirls challenge of 'Spring'.) I was inspired by the colors of one of my favorites on Flickr. It's a gorgeous painting! (not by me) I DID NOT do it justice. Once I put the white on there I gave up. At that point I should have hit the hay. But no. I was determined to make something I would like. I attempted something old and pink/shabby. UGH. Needs more layers. Can you tell where this conversation is going? Right down the ole' creativeless tubes. If they appeal to you, however, just holler, tell me which and its yours. Free.





Enough whining, I'm sure you all have these days. But it irks me. Today, to redeem myself I worked on a little ornament. (It's for Mixed Media Monday's 'Music' theme.) I like it 'okay'. (seen at top) I think I'm going to sew it to another piece of fabric, making a pocket and hang it in my car to hold the ugly looking air freshener thingies, kwim? If my DH doesn't take it down. He hates to have stuff hanging on there when he drives. He keeps taking my leis down. I love that pop of color. How else am I supposed to tell my car from another in a parking lot?! lol

Anyone up for a trade? I've posted a couple pics below. I'm looking to trade most anything (although I would especially love things I need like hermafix dotto refillls, Sakura GLAZE pens in aqua/hot pink or maybe a japanese craft mag?) If you don't have that, I'd love vintage ephemera, collage sheet images, old papers, some fabulous art you've done, whatever. The IDEAL magazines, inherited from Grandma, are too many for me. I'll trade 3 mags at a time. They have the most wonderful vintage pictures in them, plus poems, songs, etc.. The topics you can choose from are: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, seasonal, home, inspiration, etc... (Just click on them for a closeup.) So, either post or email me. First come first serve. Lots of Ideal mags. Sandwich bag stuffed full of fibers (I have 2). I'll post more trades this week (possibly stamps coming up.)



Whew?! Have I talked enough about absolutely nothing important? Well, I'm off to clean my art room (again) while I watch either Across the Universe or The Jane Austen Book Club. I'm posting pics of my room so you don't feel so bad about yours. Mine is tornado alley today...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kris - I quite like the laughter section of the Triptych, however you spell it, effort. I really like the spring colors you used! I think it needs some glittery ribbon to pull it all together. :)

Yes, a tornado, a williwaw has hit your art room. Maybe even a wee puppy. Good luck with that.

Debbie said...

I love your ATCs - they are fantastic - and a tidy craft room is an unloved craft room - it has to get messy :)

Sandy said...

Wow great triptych. Really fabulous.

Femmy said...

fabulous tryptich, love the colors!!

Crissi Harvey said...

wonderful tryptich there all fab great designs i love them all.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
I have to say after seeing your creative space, I feel I am not alone, Creativity is not neat!(LOL)
Cheryl

Andrea, said...

Wonderful work, great colours

Carol said...

I love the triptich. Love to have one they are just beautifu. I'd never been to the site before but makes me want to do some collages again. I mostly work in pastels when I get time to paint. Writing and working eats up my play time. So glad to see other's spaces are as messy as mine.
Carol Shenold
Author-"Fairy Dust"
http://carol-carolsinkspot.blogspot.com

Vallen said...

Are you kidding me? I almost never like people's ATC's (shhhhhhh), not even my own, but those are fabulous. Before I read what you had written I thought upon seeing them that they were amazing. Just sleep on it and look at them with fresjh eyes later.

Wendy said...

I just discovered your blog and your art is wonderful! I think we're our own worst critics. All of the images in the tritych are fun. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, great artwork.

Annapurna said...

Love the triptich. Gorgeous work!

Chriss Rollins said...

Your ATC'S are gorgeous... if they are really up for grabs i would be proud to add 1 to my collection.
you have a fab blog and just LOVE the craft room 'lived in' look.

chriss x

vintage wil said...

Fabulous! great work!!!!

Barbara B. said...

ItÄs so wonderful. I like the underground.

Bianca Kalksma said...

I am getting in a happy mood when I see these atc's, lovely happy colors, very sunny. I can't explain it very well in English, but I hope you understand what I want to say.

Willy said...

Beautiful triptych!

Deb Neerman said...

I DO feel so much better about my room now!!!! Thanks for that!

Love the triptych; they're not easy to do and you've done a bang-up job!

TFS!

~Hugs, Deb

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love your triptych...wonderful background colors.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Kris! Diane