Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Prioritaire...

Priority. Or priorities.

As my friends would say, I'm obsessive about paint. I never realized this about myself. But whenever we get together to do art, I'm in a bit of a panic if I don't have paint with me. It would kind of be like if you didn't have your cell phone or keys with you (or whatever you can't live without.) Lost. That is the way I feel...

But today, in skipping around from blog to blog and doing some painting (yes, paint again) with the kids, I realized I have so much stuff I'm NOT using when I do art and ATCs. I just tend to stick with either painted or patterned paper backgrounds and minimal embellishments; and whatever is laying around on my desk. I made a mental list (and now a written one) of the things I want to use in the future. I'm going to get a drawer divider and put these things in it and ON my desk so they are more readily seen and I'll use them. So these are my immediate priority to use:

tape measure
modeling paste
-
used here
rubons - used here
dymo labeler -
used here
keys
cheesecloth
scrapbook paper -
used here
big letter stickers -
used here
tickets
ledger paper -
used here
mail stamps
paper lace
can labels
safety pins
string
tiles -
used here
needle & thread
washers
crayons & wrappers
snaps -
used here
fencing
metal sheeting
number stamps -
used here
clear page pebbles
clips
fiber
tags
stencils

added 5/31/07:
copper tape -
used here
vellum -
used here
transparencies
photo corners

Keep an eye out for creations with these items and if you don't see any, yell at me. What's on your list?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris....great list. I would make a list but then i would lose it, lol.

Contessa Kris said...

Yeah, that is why I put it ONLINE. I can't lost my blog. Or I haven't yet anyway... lol

maggiegracecreates said...

This is a great idea - I think I lose track of what I have because I can find it in all the stuff. I will ponder my own list. The different approach is an idea for a challenge as well.

Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

You are brilliant, Kris! I love that you made a list of items that you rarely use. I need to do the same. I have SOOOO much stuff and I tend to always pick up and use the same things over and over again. It's a catch-22 situation...if I try to be organized and put things away, then I forget about them!! It's kind of like with my earrings. I have TONS of them, but I always wear the same ones every day!

maggiegracecreates said...

I posted my list this morning. And used off it last night