(Big card based on one by Audrey Hernandez in Stamper's Stampler.)
Saying on card is: "Life's A Voyage That's Homeward Bound."
I guess I was right all along. All roads lead home...
MONDAY MUSINGS #3
We had the most beautiful weather this weekend. 78-80 degrees. For Missouri in mid-March, that is fabulous! Not that I'm an outdoors girl, but the kids certainly enjoy being out of the house and able to roam outside in the beautiful weather. I started thinking about planting flowers, raking leaves away from my budding Peonies and eventual Pears on my tree. We have these huge pots out back, can't remember what I bought them for in the first place, but last year we had some leftover pansies from a sunday school project and we threw them in there. That pot was the most gorgeous thing in our back yard. And as long as we deadheaded the old flowers, it bloomed again. I plan to fill it again this year.
I'm going to use SPRING as my creative jumpstart this week. I envision lots of flowers, we'll see though...
- If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. - Anne Bradstreet
- All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar. - Helen Hayes
- Is it so small a thing To have enjoy'd the sun, To have lived light in the spring, To have loved, to have thought, to have done... - Matthew Arnold
- Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today;And give us not to think so far awayAs the uncertain harvest; keep us hereAll simply in the springing of the year. - Robert Frost
- Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams
- It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens