Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 17 - Make a Joyful Noise


The other day I was sitting in the house when I heard a loud racket. I could not comprehend what that mixed cacophony of sound might be. Hubby went to take a look and it was a chatter of birds screaming and divebombing a couple squirrels. I guess they dared to encroach on the birds' domain. I found it so funny. They were willing to fight the big fat squirrels!

Monday I enjoyed painting backgrounds for several canvases. On Tuesday I was right back out in the yard at the picnic table, braving the mosquitoes to paint some more. The paintings take on so much more meaning when you're not doing them for sale. They were just for play. If I find one I want to sell I can but it was more for experimenting and immersing myself in paints again.

I found myself wanting to paint a bird. I think drawing on this story with the birds and squirrels, as well as the image of a chicken I used for the chicken pillow, contributed to the idea for this painting.  I was also thinking how the birds wake me up many days, having a little snack party at the birdfeeder, chirping outside my bedroom window! This one is entitled: Make a Joyful Noise (from Psalm 95:1).


Oh my goodness! The teen just brought me a Lindor Truffle chocolate to eat. You don't mess around with Lindor. I must fly! Ta-ta!

(I've been attempting to create daily in June. Visit 'Creative Vibrations' to read more about it.)

No comments: