Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 20 - Content?

Just a quickie post. 


Was experimenting with painting faces the other day. First time with the layering of colors and everything. Worked on a lady's face, she came out quite sad looking. I don't really mean, sad/bad painting looking, but sad unhappy looking. 


Tried painting first with a picture of my girls but that didn't last very long. Too hard to have it be my first painting and not come out looking like them... Going to keep trying. Not sure if the painting is completely done. The teen doesn't like her hair and I tend to agree. Might add to it. I had painted 'content' on the background and then the girl came along. She doesn't look very content does she?!


Here's what the background look like before I painted the girl (layers of acrylics, Caran d'Ache crayons, India Ink, Pencils.)  Picked up the Water Paper Paint book at the library today. I think I'll be doing a little watercolor instruction tomorrow with the little one. Fun! She had a lemonade stand today (see blog post here.) Summer is officially here!

No comments: