Friday, September 12, 2008

Feature Friday!

It's that time again! You know you've been waiting with bated breath for this week's feature (Lily! lol) What else would you be doing with your Friday? (sorry, tongue in cheek.) Sorry for the lateness of the post. We've had a great day of schooling and this evening we've been through several tornado warnings. We did manage to go to dinner and now I'm finishing up this post.

Today I want to share with you one of my new favorite Flickr artists. If you don't regularly frequent Flickr, I encourage you to do so. I love the amazing artists, photographers, textile sew-ers and all other manner of people on there. Here's a link to my favorite people: Collage Contessa's Contacts

CROWABOUT

Something To Crow About Blog
Nancy Baumiller's Flickr
CrowAbout Flickr Challenge Group
CrowAbout on Etsy

I found Nancy through another blog (can't remember which) on a post about her Flickr Challenge group. I went to her Flickr and was blown away. She's doing things I'm wanting to do in my journal if I can ever let myself be free and quit with the matchy-matchy (as Jennifer Perkins likes to say.) Of course I joined her challenge group right away (although I haven't had a chance to play along) where she is giving out a sheet of free digital images for you to use in your art each week.



Nancy is not scared of color, or mixing colors, or letting colors run into each other, etc... She uses whatever she can find in her pages apparently because I can see parts of magazines, ads, books, junk mail and more. She feels free enough to talk about anything in her journal, it is, after all, her journal! The pages are a symphony to the creative senses, full of vibrancy and daring freedom. Each is an amazing piece individually.



She has even taken some of her favorites and decided to sell them on Etsy. Beautiful pieces she has there as well!




Make sure to visit her today!
Something To Crow About Blog
Nancy Baumiller's Flickr
CrowAbout Flickr Challenge Group
CrowAbout on Etsy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, her art is incredible. I love the use of color especially in the bottom one on the right. Just lovely. Thanks for the links.

Mary S. Hunt said...

your work is just awesome
creative
energetic
i can't come up with enough mere words to put forth the volume of your exibited pages

inspirational too